Thursday, October 13, 2011

Finishing for others ;-)

At my monthly knit/crochet group at church, one of the women was obviously distressed by a project she was working on.  I had helped her with a few new techniques, but something had gone wrong, and she had gained 5 stitches.  She looked at me and said "I know you're busy... but I would be so happy to PAY someone to finish this for me..."

So, it's now on MY needles (she was knitting on 11's, and I moved it down to 8's in order to match her gauge) and I'm finishing it for her.  Of course, I won't ask for compensation.  This is the sort of thing we do for one another, right?  Besides - I know she's got MY back when I'm unable to finish something else. ;-)

The third floor and second floor are almost finished being rearranged/cleaned.  I hope to get the rest of it done tomorrow so that it looks perfect for when the daughter comes home tomorrow.  Perhaps I'll finish my friend's sweater tomorrow as well.  ::smile:::

No comments: