Sunday, October 23, 2011

Finishing for others, part deux


Every year my Women's group sends dozens of hat/scarf/mitten sets to Appalachia.  I always try to get at least one set done.  Here's this year's contribution.  It's made out of Red Heart -which gives me hives - but that is what is required for washability and wear's sake.

I mentioned upstream that I finished Zamora for a knitting friend.  In contrast to the Red Heart, she's made of this wonderful feeling silk-based yarn from Noro.  The striping doesn't do much for me... but the fabric is lovely.



Yesterday I began prepping Angora (bunneh) for spinning.  My wheel is on stage until mid-November, but my hope is to have everything ready to go for when she is returned.  The plan is to spin a simple two ply for use inside mittens.  Not sure if I'll be able to do any more finishing this month - although I've just cast on for one of the aforementioned Christmas mittens.  We'll see!

No comments: