Friday, October 28, 2011

Almost finished with finishing....

The October tally thus far:

3 sweaters
1 pair of socks
Hat, scarf and mitten set
1 hat

Of the above, all were truly UFO's'... with the exception of the fauxhawk hat.  ;-)

Chances are good that I'll finish two more projects before the end of this month - a pair of Zilborg mittens that I started this month, and a children's sweater that is another UFO.  It's been a good month.  I think having a theme has helped with my progressing towards my goals.

November is the month of 50K - words and stitches.  Once again I'll be doing both NaNoWriMo as well as NaKniSweMo - focusing on novel writing, and working on a sweater.  The NaNo project is "Last Wish" which has been bumping around in my brain for a year.  I hope to do a reasonable rough-write, and then pass it on to the daughter for work on narrative (she's great at dialogue!).  The NaKni project is a CPH for the bestie in a pretty blue.

And yes, there's also work.  The house.  The PhD.

Better busy than bored though, right?  And if you don't have goals, how do you know if you've arrived when you weren't sure where you were going in the first place?

No comments: