Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Posting to put it out there - but also because I really don't want to go back to work. ;-)Inspired by Tricia!

1. I prefer to have several different projects going at once, all in different stages of difficulty and weights of yarn. I obviously have KADD (Knitters Attention Deficit Disorder).

2. My favorite yarn is whatever is next in my queue. Once I start a new project, my net fav yarn is the very next one on the list (ad nauseum)

.3. I love knitting socks for their portability and the technology of them. Whenever I turn a heel (or use a new method of knitting) I marvel at the person who figured it out first.

4. I'm not captured by any one color or colorway. I love knitting with a variety of colors and patterns. Again with the KADD.

5. Although I'm aware of some of the knitting superstars out there, I'm not awed by them. Much. I'm more awed by the little old lady in church who has just begun knitting and has discovered so much about herself in the process.

6. I would love to take a knitting cruise. It wouldn't have to be an organized one - just me, alone on a boat. I guess July will be a knitting land-cruise, eh?

7. My stash is huge, but manageable. I'm obviously still in denial.

8. I love my Knitpicks needles - both the dpns and the Options. :::looks at a certain druid::: Yeah, I know about the length thing, but there's something about how the Knitpicks *feel*. It's the weight of the needle and the super pointy end. Love 'em.

9. I've never been a handbag person. I have a Coach bag that was a castoff from a friend that lasted for years. (Indeed, I'll take it to the shoemaker to get it repaired and likely use it for another few years). My Jordana Paige knitting satchel? :::swoons::: It's the first bag that I feel really *works* with me.

10. Novelty yarns serve a purpose in knitting. I liken them to a spice. A little bit goes a long way and really adds a lot!

11. I keep a knitting blog but don't really read anyone elses with regularity. For me, it is the easiest way of keeping track of what I've done.

12. I'm a bit obsessed with this particular hobby.

13. I knit in public frequently and with great abandon. I don't knit when I'm moderating a meeting - but will knit during a meeting that someone else is moderating as long as it doesn't distract me too much.Let me clarify that. I don't allow the *knitting* to distract me, and not the other way around. ;-)

14. Although I'm on a yarn diet, I think about yarn frequently.

15. My third-Wednesday knitting meeting is akin to sacred time for me. It's MY time and I've put up all sorts of barriers around it.

16. I love learning new techniques. On the list of things to learn: Entrelac, Magic Loop, Toe-up, 2 loops/2 socks, etc.

17. I enjoy cablework and patterning more than colorwork.

18. I'm obsessed. Did I say that already? ;-)

No comments: