Saturday, May 05, 2007

No pics! ;-(

I managed to leave my camera at the folks' last weekend, so all my lovely pics will need to wait!

Busy, busy month for knitting!

I gave Mom her sweater. I love how the Skye tweed worked up. I think if I were to use it again, I'd make the gauge a little tighter and use it for a cardigan. I can't imagine anything warmer.

My cousin had her baby shower (the reason I was visiting with the folks) and I gave her one of the Cottontots jackets I made. It needed a bit of seaming and blocking, but I finished it in April, so it counts as an object finished in April! ;-)

I've also started work on Christmas stockings that I'm making for a friend. Her grandmother used to make stockings for each new member of the family - and since her grandmother has past, there have been several family members left without. So, I'm doing my first real commissioned knitting! It's intarsia work, which I'm not incredibly fond of, and there are three of 'em, so it makes sense to at least get started now!

And last but not least is my Dd's "Eiffel". I'm at the neck, and will probably have this finished and blocked by Sunday night. It's gone fairly quickly - and although I really would prefer not to do it any time soon - I can imagine myself knitting with hemp again.

I'm behind a block on Lizard Ridge (the goal for this year was two blocks a month), and I've got "Fuzzy Feet" to finish up for another friend, but then I'll be current! What to do, what to do? I've got several projects simply waiting to be cast on, including IK's "Nantucket", but I'm thinking about working on a bunch of small stuff just to reduce the sheer number of objects waiting needles.

We shall see!

No comments: