Monday, January 03, 2011

Amnesia of the knitting sort.

I picked up my unfinished Pumpkin socks today while waiting for treatment on my knee (the third and final injection of synvisc), and was a bit shocked to find that I really didn't remember where I had left off.

There, in my hands, was one almost finished sock (wait? I thought I kitchenered this one already?) and its mate, which featured the beginnings of the cuff. I could have sworn I was further along! Then, to make matters more confusing, I realized that I didn't actually have the pattern with me - because by the time I had set this down, I was knitting from memory.

Now, had the elapsed time been several months..... but, no. I put these to the side the beginning of December, as to finish the spouse's sweater.

It amazes me how memory, especially knitting memory works. There are times when I'm able to store rather complex cable arrangements in my noggin... while at the same time I cannot remember how to begin the kitchener stitch. It's a peculiar form of amnesia, I believe.

Heh.

Now... what size needles was I using on that other pattern?

No comments: